Our noble and holy endeavour to build a Jagannatha Temple in London kicked off to an auspicious start with the flagging off the virtual run on the occasion of Pana Sankranti 14th April 2021. Two teams of 12 enthusiastic runners each have taken it upon themselves to complete the “London to Puri Virtual Relay Run” – a total distance of 6615 miles over 6 months. What makes it more exciting and challenging is that most of these 24 participants aren’t the most avid long distance runners; but are on a mission to complete this mind-boggling distance for their true love for God.
1. This is a team relay walk virtual challenge of 6615 miles. Any person can join the team from anywhere in the world.
2. Each team shall have a minimum of 6 and maximum of 12 person and with duration target of 6 months. A captain shall be appointed to lead each team. Each team shall have it’s own name.
3. Each team member shall commit to walk/run 80 miles per month or more. Only Miles on strava would be counted. Running mileage of walkers shall be counted for walking challenge too.
4. Teams can start with 6 person and 6 more may join along the way.
5. Teams will raise funds for Shree Jagannatha Society UK.
6. There is an entry fee of £10 per person payable at registration. (Registration link shall be shared soon)
7. Each person shall pledge to raise at least £100 for Shree Jagannatha Society UK during this 6 months ( ~£17 per month)
8. Each individual shall create his/her own fundraising page for Shree Jagannatha Society UK on gofundme.com
9. All the team members in a team completing the challenge shall be awarded a finisher medal and a completion certificate
10. The first walking team shall start their challenge on 16th May Sunday and the plan is to have more waves to kick off more teams on regular intervals.
If you are ok with the above 10 points, please join the WhatsApp group.
If you have any question, please contact @07500871456